View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by Newtosoberlivin View Post
I'm one week sober today and have been drinking O'douls all weekend, and no, it hasn't made me want to go back to drinking "real" beer. And for those who are not in the know, it does NOT taste like real beer, not at all, trust me!!!!

At first I thought I might also be playing with fire, but no, I'm determined not to go back to drinking and think it's sort of a subjective and silly argument to say "but it contains alcohol!!" yeah, like .5% or LESS per bottle! So what?? Should I stop cooking with cooking wine too? The alcohol used in cooking burns off when heated up. I think some things are just a little over the top in sobriety and this, to me anyway, is one of them. You can't live like you're in prison in order to be sober, KWIM??

Sorry, even having had a few O'Douls this weekend, I STILL consider myself as being sober. I haven't picked up a true ALCOHOLIC drink nor had one since June 10, 2009. That to me, is being sober, and has been. Have I once gotten drunk or buzzed or anything like that? Not unless I've ordered about 2 18 wheelers full of O'Douls to get a "buzz!!!"

Just my .02 for whatever it's worth.

Well I'm kinda a "to each his own" type of person, but wanted to respond to this. It is not subjective to say that the 'near beer' or NA beer has alcohol, it's fact. Add a few of those .5 % ers up and you have a whole "real" beer pretty quickly. I don't drink beer.

Some people choose to still drink it, and if they aren't triggered, and they're safe, more power to em, I don't ever want to tempt it myself.

When I quit drinking alcohol, I .. quit drinking alcohol. Call me crazy.

But again, only MY personal experience, I'll never be arrogant enough to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do, regardless of how I feel about it.. I'm only the pilot of MY life