View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FreeBird09
I grew my wings to fly...

This is a page in a book called, I Love Me Enough to... Let Me Go, by Jim McGregor.

I realize that I love me enough to remember that the actions in the past were the best I could do at the time. I have been amazed at my own behavior under extreme conditions. Sometimes my behavior was completely calm and appeared to be rational, and at other times it was outrageous and appeared to be irrational. I suspect that many of the calm times were really examples of stifling the fear of the present reality, instead of some noble act. The outrageousness was most uncomfortable. Regardless of my past behavior, I accept that my response or behavior was normal, if not admirable under the conditions and circumstances that existed at the time. As I move along the spiritual path, I can choose a more healthy response to unnatural, stressful situations. Letting go of me, and LETTING GOD is the key.

I added a few of my own words to this, but it sums it up. Don't be shameful, that leads to self destruction. I do understand where that concept of shame comes from, and as long as you recognize it you can then let it go.