Old 06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pistoletta
Punka**

Soooo...I haven't really been able to find anything about short term w/d. Most people who go on suboxone seem to go on it for extended periods of time. I'm using it just to ease the w/d symptoms of the heroin detox. I can't afford to go on it long term without insurance or government help, and I can't get either.

To be honest with you, if I weren't sweating like a stuck pig this morning, I wouldn't have touched the s**t. I've been so terrified reading posts (not from this board, most of them from this other site...I can't remember the name, but it's mostly green in the background and has annoying botox ads every few posts) that I'm afraid of relapsing after all this.

I have been taking suboxone for about three days. I think the first day, I ended up doing around 14mg, taking the other 2mg of the 16 around 6am that next morning. Between yesterday and today (today I took 4mg so far and I've been up about 8 hours), I took another 16mg (so 12 yesterday and 4 so far today). I've yet to really feel high from it like some people talk about...which is good or I'd likely be inclined to keep it up. (sorry, bein' honest...) I can remember doing my friend's take home methadone dose once and I was so effed up I couldn't hold my head up for most of the day. It's nothing like that. I got more spent on that than I did on the H.

Anyway, I was thinking about going down to 8mg total for today, then 4 for tomorrow, 2 the following day, 1 the following day, .5 the next day.

Do you think that will help with a short term suboxone w/d?

Any advice on this? Everyone has been so great and pretty much on point so far.