Old 06-21-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cassandra2

Originally Posted by Ago View Post
There is "the basics" in Al-anon one of which is, you didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it, I find if I am unhappy or uncomfortable or angry with someone else in my interpersonal relationship issues I am usually trying to do one of those things, so reading the stickies, classic reading etc is a good way to start building a foundation for your own recovery.
I love that you wrote this Ago....This has been so true for me also. After all the ups and downs of addiction and finally getting on the road of recovery I have focused on this the MOST.

When someone does or says something and I feel myself get angry I try to examine that very closely. Ususally it is the same with me trying to control. Then I journal and really pick apart my feelings and understand why I felt that way. Then I feel better. Always.

I guess my point is that now that your wife is in rehab this will give you time to learn how to take care of your self, how to process your own emotions, how to process everything that has happened. I will also add that once you start getting emotionally healthy you will be better prepared to handle the bumpy ride when your wife gets home from rehad....

Take care and good luck.