View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cleansing

I'm 41 days clean. Anxiety was a big part of why I always relapsed. I'd had feeling nervous in crowds, so i'd use to function in society. I'd hate being afraid of my next relapse, so I used just "to get it over with".

I made it 41 days because from day one, I told myself I was gonna be serious this time around. So I would come on here and talk in the chatroom for hours so that i felt like i was busy. It was sort of calming, it kept me clean. The first week i lived on this site. I also go to a drug recovery program for one hour group therapy sessions a day. We get to talk about how hard things are, and just be around like minded people.

Basically, he needs a large support group, or maybe join a site like this and make some online friends who can be supoortive.

I was also put on Valium, but i didn't abuse it. Your boyfriend has to get serious with his addiction and learn that he must take any meds as prescribed.

Doctors can help quite a bit, but if you're just gonna abuse the meds, then you're starting back at point zero.

Support, support, support. And it can't be just one person.