View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
siamcat

shizzle-cluster-funking-towards-spiraling-dimensia

I made it home from work today, phew. I walked in the door, my ears bleeding Belle & Sebastion, I turned my ipod ALL the way up so serious was I in drowning the rest of the world out, through thick shielded sunglasses, I want a Harry Potter invisible cape for Christmas, you listening Santa? Got home and shut the door TIGHT even locked the chain and footed the doorsnake flush against the crack. Blinds drawn windows cracked, huddled on my sofa.... I'm safe.

Anxiety, procrastination, fear...

I really needed to buy a mirror when I first moved here. I put it on many of my various grocery type lists. It took me three hundred and ninety days to buy one. There's a Walgreens three hundred feet from my apartment. This is how my life seems to be. Life is right outside if only I could build the confidence to partake. But, I can't. I am too comfortable in my phobia perhaps, but when I try to care I just can't, apathy seesawed with phobia, the perfect combination, Eleanor Rigby syndrome...

My ears hurt, seriously, but I don't care, it was worth it, it's such a novel treat to listen to an album in order that once meant so much to you. I'm tired of shuffle, I'm tired of mp3's, I miss the focus of album and needle, when you had to be fully aware of your music, the order chosen by artists and not the intuitive-electro-demons that haunt all sensitive technologies...

I should have named this thread shizzle-cluster-funking-towards-spiraling-dimensia... but I didn't, obviously.... I'll name this post that...

((((Daisy))))