View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

Whether one uses subutex or suboxone doesn’t make much difference in most cases….
Suboxone has naxolone in it to prevent the user from shooting it up. That is the only function of the naxolone, although it is absorbed at very small amounts and some doctors do switch their patients on suboxone to subutex when they get down low in the weaning process…
And there are any doctors who start their patients on it and then switch to suboxone and it isn’t recommended for a switch from methadone.
It should not matter that he is switched. I think doctors prefer to use suboxone to remove any temptation to abuse it….although most just seem to forget there isn’t much that can’t be abused in some way or another to begin with….

As far as weaning, it should be to crumbs, as low as one can get for the best outcome…

Now because I have no problems entertaining questions like this because I knew how hard it was to focus on myself with all this wanting to know in my head….I would suggest stepping very far out of this as your husband is really capable of finding his way, and asking the questions and working out what he needs to do for him to give him the best chance. Also try not to feed into his chaos…while I know there are some incompetent sub doctors out there I also find it equally as wrong to say this is a short term use med…

I hope that you have found a program or support network for yourself, that is just as important as him having one.