Thread: Me the Doormat
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Me the Doormat

I have encouraged by others to reflect upon my own behavior...I am quite a reflective person, so this has trully been an elightening experience. For me entire relationship I have been the doormat...doing everything everyone else wants, and not taking care of me. Yesterday as I was considering this, I decided that my first change was going to be to take care of me (not is a selfish way), but to remember that my voice has value and reason, and that I needed to become the strong person that I have always been. My AH today got angry because I decided to not do something his way.....I have given up living in my house when we married, going out with friends, staying home and not going out......all the time. Of course he considers me controling and made some snide remarks about not drinking! I am proud of myself for coming to this revelation and understanding about myself. He is alarmed by my new stance, but I feel like me. He says I'm controlling and that anyone would tell me that, of course that has to do with his drinking - I am controlling him by not letting him drink. Anyway, i am kind of rambling, but for the first time in a long time I feel ready to face the world! Thank you all for your encouragement!