View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wolfchild
Disposable Hero

Writing down everything i am grateful for helps me to get through whatever my disease is trying to convince me of. i didn't get clean & sober to be happy, i did it to stop causing myself the pain and misery i was incapable of doing anything about. If you need to look again at why you tried this new way of life, you might find that you just wanted a temporary fix to all your problems. Putting forth real effort (not just wishes that i wanted so desperatly to come true) has helped me to take responsibility for my life. Happiness becomes an added bonus, but it is not necessary for me to feel it in order to continue doing the next right thing. Instead of my motives behind everything i do, i use God's will to direct me into new opportunities to become a productive person on a daily basis. Spiritual principles help me to continue moving forward no matter what i am feeling or thinking and always produce much better results!

i hope that you will look back at what worked for you to stay sober and begin a fresh journey, of total abstinence, that will fufill you in ways you must live to appreciate. Why not call your sponsor today and go to a meeting?