Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Daisy09
Optimist

I hate to sound sappy and corny, but I do it all the time anyway

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
As for hatred, I know hate is a strong word but I can't help how I feel. Do people here not hate things and other people? lol Don't worry I don't hate anyone on SR.
Hate is an emotion, just like any other, and emotions can't be good or bad, they just are...I hate, but I try really hard to hate actions and ideas rather than people. It doesn't always work out that way but as Gniess said, just wanting to not hate is a step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
daisy, you're right. Just sitting around hating religion won't do anything. I should really join some kind of organization that fights or actively campaigns against religion...hmmm I think that might help me stay sober too and maybe i'll feel less angry as a result of it
After I had my first daughter, I became aware of things in a different light. I used to fight against things, but I came to realize that it was like banging my head against a wall. I was trying to overcome negativity with negativity and it just didn't seem to work. Now I fight FOR things I believe in, and the positivity of it all has really made me more at peace with the world.

Now we can all make a circle, join hands, and start singing "We Shall Overcome"...