Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Eroica

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I know that there are very many good people who believe in religion. Its the actual texts, the messages in it, that I hate.. hate that they exist, and hate that people believe in them. The Bible, Koran, and even the holy books of an Eastern religion like Hinduism is extremely violent, bigoted, racist, anti women, every negative adjective I can think of.. of course they preach other things too, and they're poetic, and some people don't take them literally...but they're the source of the religion... the instruments of control. Don't mean to offend anyone but I feel offended that people believe in them.. including my own family. But it causes conflict in me too because I don't want to judge them either.

As for hatred, I know hate is a strong word but I can't help how I feel. Do people here not hate things and other people? lol Don't worry I don't hate anyone on SR.

daisy, you're right. Just sitting around hating religion won't do anything. I should really join some kind of organization that fights or actively campaigns against religion...hmmm I think that might help me stay sober too and maybe i'll feel less angry as a result of it