Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Well as I said above, last night was a bit of a tough one. On top of what I described above, I got an email from my ex explaining to me that while they were coming to visit for Fathers day (very nice of her, 2+ hr drive each way), my son "wasn't ready" to stay overnight with me without her there.

He's 8 and has been through alot, mostly because of me. I desperatly want to reconnect with him after living 1000 miles away for the last 4+ years. I am currently not working, so it would be a great time for me to spend some time with him. He has never spent a night away from home. He has a lot of anxiety issues, got hit with those from both mommy and daddy!! (poor kid!!) And says he's not comfortable staying that far away from mommy and his pets.

Needless to say, I took this with a great deal of resentment. However, I resisted the urge to respond immediately, and even greater urge to raid the liquer cabinet, and just went to bed. Didn't sleep great, but did sleep eventually. Today, I'm not as upset and resentful about it, disapointed, yes, but pleased with myself that I at least handled it somewhat rationally.

That's where I'm at today. How's everyone else doing???