Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Well on to day 3. Never been big into counting days, but recently I've noticed that I can never seem to string together any amount of days without drinking. The pot thing is kinda in "remission" due to lack of resources, but it's not quite as hard to get ahold of alcohol. In fact, I only have to go about 15 ft. outside my bedroom to the liquor cabinet to find a whole host of bottles.

I'm 40 and back living with my parrents due to my poor decisions. Things could definetly be worse. I'm now only a couple of hours away from my 8 year old son, so it is easier to visit. The house is beautiful in a wonderful neighborhood with lots of things to do, so I'm not complaining. Just kinda embarrassing to be still living with your folks at age 40!!

They both drink, usually a 1-3 drinks a night, pretty consistantly. Some would define that as alcoholic, but it is not something that causes disruption in their lives, and it is their house, so it is their choice. It does create a good deal of temptation for me, however. I can't really say it would be any different if they didn't drink, it's not like I can't go into town to the ABC or pick up a bottle of hooch at the grocery store if I wanted to. Usually that's what I do anyway, because when I drink, it's usually the whole bottle.

Last night was a bit of a challenge as my uncle and his wife were visiting, and everyone was drinking gin and tonics, a drink that personally I can't stand, but it was still drinking. I was real tempted to make a little trip into town, but stuck around the house, posted some here, played some games, etc. I've been pondering going back to some meetings and may check one out this weekend. Nothing secular around here unfortunatly, but the fellowship may at least be helpful. I did find a SMART meeting in the town where my son lives, so next time I visit I may check that out.

So that's about it for me. Hanging in there, pretty much always having one Window open on my browser to SR!! Hope everyone is doing well. Take care all.