View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Thank God for the kindness of people...

This morning was the first morning I went to work on crutches at the hospital. When I got to the lobby, one of the receptionists there asked me why I hadn't been given a cam boot (they are aware of my stress fracture because I had xrays and a bone scan done up there). I told her I was only told to keep weight off the foot and use crutches for 2 weeks, then a recheck.

She made me sit down, and she went to check with the podiatrist who is at the hospital every Friday to see if he could work me in, which he did.

He was absolutely and completely appalled that not only had I been walking on that foot for over a month now (I fell down the last two basement steps in late April), but that my physician did not put me in a cam boot at the start to stabilize the foot. He said my physician does carry the cam boots in his office.

He just kept shaking his head, and I just kept telling him how much I appreciated him seeing me! He had looked at the xrays and bone scan, and got me in a cam boot right away.

I have to go back and see him in 2 weeks, and if the foot is still swollen/tender, he wants an MRI done to look at possible soft tissue/tendon/ligament damage.

I told that receptionist "God bless you" because basically I had been left flailing on my own with this injury.

I don't think it was any coincidence that the podiatrist was in, and that the receptionist got me in to see him!