View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chrysalis123

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
I know for me, cutting through the fog that alcoholics try to create -- trying to make you feel small, unimportant, and crazy -- was a huge revelation. And learning to set effective boundaries stopped the abuse in its tracks.

Make no mistake: you are being abused. And you don't deserve it, and you don't have to tolerate it, for you or for your kids.
Welcome. I know I was so lost and confused with the A in my life that I didn't perservere at seeking help for myself for 20 years. I had brief moments over the years where reality would seep in but nothing changed for me until I changed.

I didn't realize I was allowing myself to be abused, I was allowing my children to be abused, and I was setting an example of how to interact with my husband in an extremely UNHEALTHY manner. I too thought I was the complete problem, I was crazy, I was too sensitive, I was a stick in the mud, and I was selfish.

I have 2 books I read that helped open my eyes: "Codependent No More" and "How Alanon Works". Both were available in my local library.

Again welcome and I'm glad you found us.