View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
frankieNYC

Question suboxone withdrawel

fortunately, my opiate use was not that long in duration. it only took me 7 months of using 320 mg of oxycontin intranasally/day and a month of doing about about a bundle of heroin a day to hit rock bottom and have my family/girlfriend/friends stage an intervention, at which point i went to an 8 week outpatient program.

im clean since feb 18, which is like 112 days, no weed, no xanax, no nothing, except 8 mg suboxone/day. i am worried though about the eventual withdrawel i will feel from suboxone. i plan to taper off very slowly, like 7 mg for 10 days, 6 for 10 days, etc. however, i am in law school, i have a lot of pressure and just like i couldnt function as an opiate addict and had to take a semester off (i start again in the fall) i wont be able to function while withdrawing from suboxdone.

this is my first ever post and i would appreciate any stories of ppl who tapered or got off suboxone and could tell me their personal stories and whether or not they experienced withdrawel symptoms on suboxone.
thanks,
frank in manhattan