Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
AfricanDaisy

I have trouble with believing in a God as I was raised to believe in as a Catholic child. Nope, I can't believe in that any longer. I initially got sober thru AA and the Higher Power belief. Stayed with the meeting for a year and left but continued on in my own way keeping close to what I'd learned and reading daily AA meditation books every single day for 9 years. Then things changed for me and my faith in a God was challenged dramatically. I went thru many changes at that time and still am. What I am left with is a non-belief in God. I believe in something, I just am not sure what it is. I don't know, maybe I just believe in the power of atrraction......but maybe not so much. It's been a struggle for me for the past nine years. I have felt lost in losing what I always believed in. I feel quite directionless. Perhaps that's a good thing. It makes me search for a new direction. I do know one thing, I can't get straight again using the idea of God. I can't. I'm not that same person that I used to be. I've changed and I'm different now. Anyhow, I'm glad to have found this section of the forum.