Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Katie,

I am 50 and am asked for more dates than when I was 35.
And I absolutely will not settle for anything less than fantastic.

What I used to think might be a warning red flag is now a STRIKE, you're out!

I believe that with maturity, we have so much to offer, our personalities, characteristics, experiences, knowledge and interests have ripened, expanded and become far more interesting.

The French have a similar view and they are said to be the best lovers!? LOL

But first we have to be ready....by loving ourselves, our minds, our interests and our lives..............I am still a work in progress.....I should really be one hot mama at about 75!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. What you say embodies a LOT of wisdom. I'll be 50 in September although my emotional age is probably much younger.

I've had a very emotional day here and have realized what you say is true. It really all starts with me. I can only say "I am sorry" so often and "I am a screw-up" so often.

Did speak with my treatment therapist today. He is a great guy. My plan is to go "home" for a week tomorrow and do some soul searching. I have just *so much work* to do to fix me that it seems insurmountable. All these years of drinking and screwing up my life. Oh well, I'll just take it a day at a time and do the best I can.

Anyway, your post is very uplifting and thank you! And I am quite sure you will be FAB at 75!!!!