View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Rob B

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
Rob...I have said it before and will repeat myself for clarification I believe alcoholism is an addiction. I too have the same reaction to alcohol as you do...so I don't drink it. I think we under estimate what we have done to our brains during active addiction...I know if I return to drinking I will return to the place I wanted to die to get out of. Dormant? I don't know...I do know that for me my addiction is not plotting and planning my next relapse and that I am now fully in control of my sobriety.
Fair enough, I believe differently, but I am truly glad you have found something that is working for you. As far as the notion of my addiction plotting and planning, chalk that up to the "my disease is doing pushups in the parking lots" slogan you may have heard. This is utter rubish. Like you I am fully in control of my recovery, the difference with us is I don't keep myself sober I take actions and stay connected to a power that does. I am powerless over alcohol, this does not mean I am like a leaf blowing aimlessly waiting for my next relapse, matter of fact I have never relapsed nor has anyone else I personally know that does what I do. To each their own, I am aware this is the secular forum and try to respect that, I will say my observation is that there are a lot of folks who frequent this forum who are still suffering, my thoughts go out to them. Feel free to PM if I can be of service.

Last edited by shockozulu; 06-07-2009 at 04:29 AM.