View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

((((Rita)))) This is a rough patch of darkness you've been walking for awhile to get to the bright side. As crazy as things get, I pray you can see the light pouring in the more you are out of the insanity of living with an active user. I too am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I am so grateful that you share your recovery here.

I agree with everyone that it is good that you are aware of the stalking tendencies and doing what is necessary to keep yourself safe. As far as the bankruptcy, it is not something you did "wrong" and although I understand your embarassment (simply because the way I am wired I would feel the same way...I'm not "recovered" enough not to beat myself up in such areas) I also know for sure that this is not something to be embarassed about.

In my state on the insurance side of things they allow "credit scoring" as a rating factor for some lines of insurance. But they don't allow it when the credit score decline is due to a "life altering event" because we recognize that there are just cetain things that we can not fully control. Divorce is one of the named life altering events. I just wanted to mention that because I thought it might help to realize that even in government bureacracy, there is a recognition that there are just some situations where as hard as we work to do the next right thing, "stuff" happens.

Hugs and continued prayers. I look forward to the post from you one day soon where you share how you created a safe, blissful, drama-free and serene life.