View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nallabelle
Go Browns!

Thanks everyone for the info and experience.
Since I only get about 3 migraines a month, the doctor thought this would be the best option for me. Ive actually mentioned to her that I use excedrin migraine but that since becoming pregnant it makes me sick. She said "good, you shouldnt be taking that anyway" and told me this was safer.
The only drug I have ever had a problem with is loratab. I can drink or take a xanex (for legit reasons) on occasion and have never had an issue. Therefore, I think I have a small risk of abusing this medication and frankly taking it doesnt excite me at all. However because it is addictive, I know I have to be really careful. Im going to talk to my husband to see what he thinks I should do.
As far as caffeine goes, I drink an esspresso drink daily and did so with my previous two pregnancies. There is a specific mg of caffeine you are supposed to limit yourself to in pregnancy and that is what I watch.
Shell- I have considered subutex (and the like) during this pregnancy. I am trying desperately not to go that route. I weaned myself down to 1.5-2 pills a day (10 mg) without any medical help. If I relapse just once more though, I will probably have to do something. My husband really doesnt want me on anything though.