View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Still alive & kickin - Regardless!!

Well my wonderful SR family - it's been a few weeks but I guess it's time for an update - right?

I made the 6 month mark of living sep & apart - Friday my atty filed paperwrk for divorce - should be final in about 2 wks. (thank you GOD!!)

As far as the financial issues - they have really gone down hill - my ex is over 3 months past due on the house note so the Mortgage Co has started procedures to foreclose and possibly garnish my paycheck. In addition to the other garnishment for his other bills. He refuses to pay his portion - all the time also fighting for his request for spousal support, yet still working for cash, etc - blah, blah, blah.

I had to make the decision to file for Bankruptcy. That was very painful, embarrassing and a big blow to my self-esteem. Learned that there NO "good job" for paying your bills and trying to do the next right thing in this area of your life. All my hard work for the past few years - literally thrown away all because of his irresponsibility and my continually staying in an unhealthy relationship.

I would love to say that at least he is leaving me alone - but That is not going so well either. It seems like he had lost interest for a while, but recently I started getting text messages and phone calls - An angry man asking guestions about stuff that I left at the house. This is stuff he wouldn't let me have 6 months ago. Insisting he bring it to me and wanting to know where I moved to! He even called one of our daughters - screaming at her - said he had to have my address to mail stuff to me - (lol he hasn't forwarded my mail to me since I left - so I know that's a lie)

He has figured out that I moved from the rent house - I knew that he was driving by occasionally - he never stopped but I thought he was just checking to see if anyone was there with me. Now he must have realized I'm not there and is in panic mode trying to figure out where I am.

Had a little eerie experience yesterday - there is a convenience store next to my ofc - I walk over there a few times - get a newspaper, snack for breakfast, etc. Well yesterday morning walked over there and BOOM my ex is standing in front of the newspaper rack - trying to read the paper thru the box (without buying a paper).

He was with his brother. His brother was filling up with gas (this store is one of the MOST expensive places to buy gas) - anyway - I said the typical "Hey how's it going - excuse me I need to get a paper" He did the "oh HEY" really nice and moved out of the way.

But Still really gave me the creeps yesterday - He and his brother are usually NEVER on my work side of town. Now several months ago I got a text from him with comments about a magnet that I had on my vehicle while I was at work. But you can't see my car from the road - you have to drive thru my work parking lot, pass by Road Trucks, and thru the work yard (that is not just a casual thing).

Plus with the compulsive text messages this weekend and him screaming at my daughter about where was I living, where was I at, blah, blah, blah - It just has my hair on the back of my neck a little on edge.

So I'm just being careful about where I go - what I do - Truly praying that some how, some way - he will just leave me alone - although I would hate it for anyone else - but maybe he could find some other person to obsess about it. Well, I guess I really wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Not trying to make something out of nothing - just a little concerned - My ex has never been the violent type - I don't really think he would do anything but then again - I never thought that he would do some of the things he has done with the divorce, suing for spousal support and that other jazz.

I went on-line and blocked his cell phone # for text messages and I just won't answer his phone calls anymore. Let me talk to me thru his atty.

So please just keep me in your thoughts & prayers!
HUGS to all,
Rita