View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

I think I might need to clarify my last post a bit in that I didn't ignore my son's bad behavior...I gave him a chance while he showed that he was trying to change his life. This was back when when he was younger. Things finally came to a head and it was rehab or out...he chose rehab.

He then struggled, bounced back (repeat) but each time I saw longer and longer spells of him not using...so I decided to hang in. It was hard and not something I would advise, but eventually he brought himself to the point of a very extended period of not using.

Fast forward to a work accident and surgery, pain pills followed and he spiraled down. I came to the point that I had to admit that "I" had relapsed also...let the blinders be placed.

That was a few months ago and I had to batten down the hatches until he, once again, respected the rules of my home. The biggest is no drug use.

He's back for now, we have a good relationship, but I no longer look to "see" if he is using again. He knows my rules and if he chooses to break them, the door closes.

But, my son is not a minor. I have choices. I'm afraid I don't have answers for dealing with a minor.

Winnie..perhaps the PO could help you set up a plan, in case you need help?