View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
KariSue

I've never heard of the show Intervention but Dr. Phil does the same sort of thing. Appearing on the show (especially since he's a minor and Dr. Phil is really into helping minors), would get him the best treatment available for free.

Another thing I've seen on his show is how he sometimes does consequences with children/minors.

Someone else gave you a list of good consequences. I remember Dr. Phil telling parents before to strip the room. All the child gets is a bed and the basic necessities to live. No t.v., no video games, no extra clothes or doo dads, and no luxuries whatsoever. He gets these things back by earning them one at a time. It's kind of a reverse of "If you don't do something then I take something away." He knows you have to provide him the necessities but you certainly don't have to provide anything else.

Someone else here mentioned giving the minor child a 'room' in the garage. In other words, he would be in your home but not in your home. You could lock the door that leads to the garage. It would be like his own place. Just some thoughts..... A small home addition would be great if that is affordable.

KariSue