Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by lovemykids View Post
For anyone who has been to rehab or have a teen in rehab what was it like for you or for your child? I am having a hard time with the way a couple of the case workers seem to be working the program where my 17 yr old ad is.

This is making me question a few things (1) the foul language being used not just by case workers but by the kids in rehab themselves. (2) I don't care if someone is gay or straight, just don't go bragging about your sexuality etc by telling a child that your private parts are in your face.....(Sorry if I am graphic and please delete if necessary) (3) my friends child has been in there for 2 weeks and when her daughter called her this evening she told the case worker monitoring her phone call that she didn't know how to transfer the phone, he in turn said that she had no business phoning home if she didn't know how to #@%! transfer the call. This girls mother was on the phone listening to this. (4) I went up there to pick up my daughter on one of her "reflections" I had sent her up a parcel and it arrived at the time I was there to take her home. One of the case workers there asked me what was in the box, even though I was taking it back unopened with me. I told her and also mentioned that my daughters hair extensions were in there for when she had gone out on her 12 hour request. My daughter was allowed to have them when she went out on her 6 hour request before. Well, the case worker started raising her voice and asked me if it looked like they had a place to store things for the kids there? and she wasn't allowed to have them anyhow etc....I finally looked at her and said that I didn't know what they did with the kids things, how would I know what type of storage they have there and I also told her that I didn't even know her why is she yelling at me? Having the case worker talk to me like that made me question some of the things in which my daughter had told me but I didn't believe her, maybe I should have.

There are other things too like the kids being called bad names etc but I was told that my daughter had taken it out of context....yes they probably swore I was told but I was also told that is how this paticular case worker works. He has been there for 8 years and has a success rate. Fine and dandy but his way doesn't mean it is going to work 100% of the time.

I adore my daughters case worker, he has done wonders for her. He tells it like it is and I like that about him...he helped get my daughter to where she is right now. He is an addict but has been drug free now for almost 2 years. I don't agree with everything but I have told him that he has my support 100%.

I don't believe every word out of my daughter, wish I could but I have to stick with reality.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with/in Rehab please?

Thanks in advance

sounds like a typical state run rehab center to me. I've been to both state run rehab centers and private facilities where I was paying around 1500$ per day to be there. The one good thing is all rehab centers whether they are free or cost 50,000$ all contain the same information towards recovery, relapse prevention, and staying sober.

The differences really come in with comfort levels, staff being considerate and friendly, and what types of patients are admitted.

Just remind your daughter that the stay is only temporary and she never has to go back there again...good luck to you and her