View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lunarise
lunarlovelunar

Question Is this normal for 5 months.....

So....I almost have 5 months...

...I am sober...

I have quite a few mood swings....lately they have been pretty bad..... I wont go into detail about that. The first month or so I was sober I was very motivated...doing things that I knew would improve my life and make me happy. I felt good and was happy over all.

Since then its been a real struggle to keep any sort of motivation and follow through. I keep coming up with these great goals and plans and will work them for a bit only to give up within a two week period.

My moods are all over the place...after what I think was a bad haircut I basically had a breakdown in the car on the way home. I was balling, screaming....and feeling so freakin ugly and disgusting that I didnt want anyone to look at me. It was BAD.

Huzzy and I get into it yesterday...he is frustrated by my list of problems that seem to be constantly coming up all the time. I have had some medical stuff to deal with and I do think that when I am not feeling so hot that I can be quite the hypochondriac.

Anyway.....Huzzy actually said that he thinks maybe I should give anti-depressants a try. He knows that I DO NOT want to take any sort of mind altering meds if I can help it. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is normal getting sober fluctuations of if maybe I should consider meds.

Is all this pretty normal at 5 months? I know it varies from person to person but overall?.....Obviously I would know...this is my first shot at sobriety.