View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
digderidoo

Had alcohol thrown over me last night

Hi all,

Just wanted to post this up here as it's something that's annoyed me.

I went out last night for a friends birthday. As normal when i go out with any drinking friends i'll meet them in the nightclub, rather than a couple of hours beforehand when they get there first few drinks in.

One of the guys who goes out is an alcoholic and hasn't drank for over 20 years so i do feel comfortable if he's there, so that i'm not the only one who doesn't drink.

Anyway i popped outside of the club in the smoking area at around midnight to take a phone call. In the UK we have a smoking ban in place now, so there are designated smoking areas outside a club or pub.

Whilst i was out there a fight broke out between a couple of guys, one of them threw their drink at the other and a good portion of it went on my shoulder. The annoying thing about it was some it landed on my mouth and a couple of drops on my tongue. I could taste it and did everything i could to wipe my mouth so that i didn't swallow any.

I know that it doesn't effect my sobriety date but it is annoying. Tomorrow i will be 12 months sober and quite proud of it, but it kind of takes the gloss from it, knowing that i have tasted alcohol just two days before my first birthday.

It was nice to be able to say that i hadn't touched one drop of alcohol, but even though this was involuntary i am annoyed over it.

Thanks for reading this.

Paul