View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
((((Bam)))), no Dr. here, but dang if that doesn't make me wonder about possible bipolar disorder. I do remember the feeling of being knocked down every few days. It seemed like I'd just get back on my feet and then BAM! (sorry ) again back down. It is just a thought and smokes are better than other things. Have you or do you have a chance to discuss this with a psychiatrist? Hugs, Katie.
I've wondered that too...but there's no family history that I know of...and besides, from hearing what people who have bipolar go through, I don't come close. I mean, my lows are terrible...but when I'm feeling good I wouldn't describe that as manic. And besides...I might be wrong here, but I thought the mood swings associated with bipolar disorder were NOT triggered by anything...they just cycle. And during my second therapy session, I answered some questions. As soon as I read the paper I knew what she was trying to screen for.....so.....based on my answers I'm not.

Certain things set me off....well, for sure for the bad things. Sometimes it's nothing...but other times I know exactly what brings on the crap mood.

I don't know what puts me in a good mood...I don't really pay attention to that. I'm just glad when it's there.