View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hopeful Still

Originally Posted by 123bubblegum123 View Post
Hopeful,

What you need to do is really tune into ways of coping on your own as opposed to ways of coping strictly with your husband's addiction. Life throws curveballs, put on your game face and thinking hat and focus on your own journey. The more you can enjoy the process of life, the better your life will be.

Hugs & support,
Rach
Thanks, Rach. You are so right. It's easy to forget to keep the focus on yourself instead of worrying about your loved one. I am going to try to remember to "put on my game face" every morning and tackle whatever comes that day. Sometimes I get so consumed with worry and doubt that I forget to "enjoy the process of life." The curveballs that life throws us sometimes makes us doubt who we are .. or were. Our experiences mold and shape us. Even the bad ones can help us to grow stronger and wiser. I just have to remember that my husband's addiction didn't change who I am as a person ... it just changed what I have to deal with each day. REmembering to focus on myself and deal with my OWN issues instead of worrying about his is great advice! Thanks, Girl!