View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopeful Still

Will I ever fully trust him again?

Husband is addicted to Vicodin. Went through inpatient rehab 3 years ago. We separated a year later, as he was obviously using again. We reconciled about 3 months later. He was well for a while, but then 6 months later he began using heavily again. This time, he received outpatient treatment with suboxone. It's been almost a year, and he has remained clean. Our relationship, has suffered through all of this. Will I ever fully trust him again? Looking for tips from others on how to let the suspicion go. Any behaviors that COULD be related to him using are always questioned by me and have been unfounded now for almost a year. I know I need to let it go and try to trust him again. It's SOOO hard, as all of you surely know. Any suggestions? Part of me just says to stop worrying and live my life, remain hopeful, and let the cards fall where they may. If he does start using again, there is nothing I can do. So why worry? It's out of my control. Need some words of wisdom and encouragement ...