Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

This is ridiculous. I know those Cali wildfires were bad, but this made me laugh.
Mildfires Amble Through California | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Feeling somewhat better lately. I planned my road trip-- at least to the normal extent of 'planning' for me. Which means I made an appointment for my car to get that funny sound in the left front wheel checked out before I leave, and I might even make it to the store to get a road atlas... perhaps I can do that while waiting on an oil change... or I could just wing it. And I even asked my boss if I could take the time off. That's really about all the planning I do.

Not sure how he got hold of my phone number but ex called me today. That was weird but it went fine, just a quick check-in to see how I was doing and say hi. I don't understand that dude. But, much as I hate to admit it, hearing from him still put me in a better mood. It's a sickness.

I had basically decided sis couldn't come on my road trip with me, but then I decided that wasn't cool if my friend wanted to see her. So I told him if he wanted her there I would ask, "even though there are other people I would prefer to spend 10 hours in a car with. Like Charles Manson." He told me he would prefer if she does not come with me.

Oh... and yours truly, the Speeding Queen, got a *warning* on Saturday night. I usually get tickets, that's the first time I've ever gotten just a warning. Yay for nice hwy patrol officers! Ten times better than townies any day of the week.