View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
I've often heard in meetings..."I am a grateful, recovering alcoholic." Well, one might be grateful to be recovering, but I've certainly never been of the bent that I am grateful to have this thing. I've struggled my whole damn life with this deal and, if I had my druthers, it would not be a part of who I am and I don't care what anyone says at any meeting.
I happy to know there is a way out of my suffering...and my suffering is of my own making...it is a relief to realize that. But all the things that caused me to suffer severed only one purpose, A jumping off point.

At any rate, I am of the opinion that "normies" inflict as much damage as I ever will. In fact, I think sometimes that, due to their status as normies, they inflict even *more* damage.
Some normie's seem to me to be righteous...or it has been my experience with my family. Their sh!t doesn't stink and they seem to stepped in it IMO. Yet they are free to live their life as they wish because there is no adverse scrutiny like alcoholism that beings them under the lite of 'heighten righteous notice'.

Whatever, this is sort of a vent - a rant. I've been with someone who has never had one issue in his life - except for the ones that I end up drinking over. Oh sure, he might have a gambling issue. Oh sure, he can't go a day without mentioning how all these other women want him. But he has no diagnosis. I don't want to fight, I don't want to confront, I just want him to be thoughtful, loving, kind and considerate. And when he is not, I drink.
In any toxic environment I seek my personal toxin to rectify those emotions that cause me harm. I must remove one or the other.