View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

One thing I have noticed is that he smells? Is it the alcohol coming out of the pores? Not quite sure what it is and his breath has also been unpleasant.
He smells because of the alcohol and because his body is 'literally' rotting from the inside out. That smell gets stronger as the disease progresses.

His breath is probably from his 'unchecked' diabetes.

No doctor here, just been there and done that. <vbg> (grinning because I did survive)

The meds the Dr gave him, IF he takes them will ease some of the withdrawals, but he will still need to have an eye kept on him and be prepared to call 911.

I sure do 'love' (said a bit sarcastically) the tenacity of us alkies. We will try everything that might, just might, allow us to keep drinking before giving in, and some of us never 'give in'.

When I finally hit recovery I found out there were 3 UPs for an alcoholic.

LOCKED UP yep did that one, it didn't stop me.

COVERED UP well ....... wasn't buried, but did die.

SOBERED UP I was given a second chance and found recovery.

Sad to say many alcoholics never do. I don't mean to bring down your hopes, just trying to keep you in reality as to 'your hope' versus the reality of the situtation.

Since you are still 'sticking it out' what are YOU doing for YOU? What are you doing about going on with YOUR life and NOT focusing on the A? What are you doing to NOT get further 'sucked in' on HIS roller coaster ride? Yep, I sucked folks in, and then in recovery got married to an A (not drinking but switched addictions to gambling and exhibited all the drinking behaviors) and turned into the 'suckee' until I found Al-Anon and started to do for me.

I am sure you loved your A at one time, however, that person that you loved is not the person you are now with. Can you step back and just observe? It will give you a little peace, it did for me. I would watch out of 'the corner of my eye, lol' in 'case of emergency', and just let him run with his current addiction.

I understand wanting all the information you can get. I can also tell you that if one is not of an addictive nature, it will be hard to comprehend. Heck, I am an alcoholic (albeit sober quite a while) and I don't understand it. I am sure your A does not either. Just please do not drive yourself crazy 'trying' to understand.

J M H O

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,