View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jimhere

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
Recently, I changed sponsors. Of course, I worried and fretted over having the talk with my previous sponsor until I was able to speak to her face to face, and of course it all went well. She was very gracious and kind. I switched sponsors because of personal changes that both of us were going through. It was pretty much time to move on. It was not a rash decision.

So, I have a new sponsor. I'm going to a few new meetings. I'm enjoying the give and take that I have with this woman. That part is good!

The bad part is running into women in my previous line of sponsorship. Apparently, there has been a lot of talk about me moving on to a new sponsor. My old one was/is a hard liner..my new one not so much. I hate that this is a topic of discussion. I feel uncomfortable around women who were in my support network. I don't like feeling like I have to defend my choice. I understand that I'm probably putting a lot of this one on myself.

It's difficult. I'm not sure if I'm asking a question here, as I'm not participating in the gossip nor will I explain to people why I have moved on as that's between my old sponsor and me...I just don't get why folks feel that I'm a good topic of conversation.

Thanks for reading...

Karen

Follow your heart. Who cares what they think? AA is the biggest gossip factory in the world.