Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
KariSue

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
A diet that had a lot of focus on trace minerals no sugar, artificial sweeteners, white flour or chemically processed foods. Everything I ate was fresh and for the most part organic. The no sugar or sweeteners I think was the most important aspect. That meant no sodas, candy, cakes pies, white bread,,any things with nitrates.

The FDA would have us believe that foods have no "medical" benefit and they are working hard to make sure it doesn't which I think is a real shame.
I'm not an addict myself but I eat low carb which sounds pretty close to what you're eating except I don't limit myself to organic foods but I probably should.

I post on a low carb forum and many people there feel like they were addicted to sugar and feel this diet made their "off switch" work again.

I'm not sure if it's true but I read that sugar is a particular problem for those with addictions. A recovering alcoholic nurse on the low carb site feels the same way and she works with patients on dialysis. People that let their diabetes go too far without treating it by abstaining from sugar.

Do you just do the above or have a specific diet you are following. I mean one that I could show my son and see if he is interested?

Thanks, KariSue