Thread: tired...
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aah1977

Originally Posted by Daisy09 View Post

You know what's the hardest? Continuing with the rest of life like it's ok. I need to take my 4 yr old to our Mommy & Me class this morning, and deal with all these people and pretend like I have a normal life like everyone else.

~Daisy
Oh, I remember that feeling! When my husband went to rehab it came as a complete and total shock to most of my friends because during most of his addiction we kept things pretty normal. The thing I've come to learn is that a lot of people live what we think are normal lives and really there can be a lot of skeletons in their closets. Realizing that no one's life is perfect was what kept me sane when people started to learn about what was going on.

You need to keep living life the way you have for your kids. We live in a smallish town and it was hard at first because people were talking, but I held my head high. If people asked (oh and they did) I just made sure I was strong and neutral. I would say things like "Yeah, he put himself on rehab and we are hoping for the best." My husband was gone and people knew, but I didn't let it stop me from living my life!

I wish you strength - I know this was written over the weekend, but I hope things got better!