View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katie09

Is this a crazy idea? Need reality check

I can't do inpatient. It's a given. My outpatient is not enough. I've been screwing up. What I am thinking of doing is to ask my BF to move in with me for 30 days to serve as a sobriety police, until I can get on track. He abhors my drinking. He works in mental health and knows all this stuff. I'd be willing to pay his rent where he lives. He can live here, come and go as he pleases, I'll cook clean do laundry, etc. All I want from him is to be here and I'd go so far as a daily breathlyzer test.

Plus, neither one of us is getting any younger and it would be a test of sorts to see if we could put a long term relationship together. I am either thinking outside the box, asking too much, or just flat out nuts. Thoughts? Thanks. You guys know how it is and I want your perspective.

Oh, I already broached him with this idea today. He says he doesn't know if he could take that much time off and I'd need to pay his salary. Haha. What I can see that would work would be accountability and a test each day. But what does that say about the extent of my problem? Nonetheless, I know he's gone very soon if I don't straighten up and fly right. Either that or I'm gone very soon.