Old 05-16-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hammerhead

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
"Tears are for the soul what soap is for the body."
I like this quote... well perhaps I'll take a bubble bath so I'll stay in balance!

Originally Posted by gowest View Post
I've decided that "forward" "new" "change" is never a mistake. Growth feels good in the end even if the road is bumpy.

It may not turn out the way I had anticipated or wanted but at least it is not facing the same old stuff that I KNOW was/is making me unhappy. Being in a stagnated life is just another form of prison.

I'm not going to tell you how many years (decades) it took me to figure this out.

Also a really good friend of mine always likes to remind me that the "right thing" is not always the "easy thing".

There is a lot to mourn at the end of a relationship even if the relationship was unhealthy and fraught with problems. Being sad is normal.
It is posts like yours that I've read... about decades that has been my real wake up. Bless you for sharing and your words are not wasted here. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
speaking from personal experience, addicts will use ANYTHING as an EXCUSE to go do whatever the hell they want! let's see, is it raining? can't find matching socks? or the nail clippers? garbage day? tuesday? TOday?

if he was truly invested in the relationship, he'd have made different choices, ones that do NOT include stomping off in a huff. did YOU set him up? nope. you simply unshackled yourself and are no longer getting dragged along in HIS wake.
Anvilhead... I've thought of you often... you are my inspiration... and you always seem to find the right words to say... as a matter of fact it is raining here... and I believe you when you say "that if he was truly invested in the relationship, he's have made different choices."

I am eternally thankful that I have found this messageboard and have found the light for my path during this dark time. Thank you ALL for your responses... you ALL are the best. God bless you ALL.