View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cessy68

Originally Posted by cece1960 View Post
Thanks Cessy.
I'm still confused. Could it be because the cc company closed the account for none payment (because I didn't know I had a payment?) And when it shows paid might it bounce back up?

I don't have high balances on any accounts, but I was automatically given high limits. Could this be the reason? I think the jump occurred since last summer.

This is so confusing...and the best part? I PAY my bills! That's why they jumped my credit limit. And now it could hurt me?

Geeeeeez
Hi Cece, when it shows 'paid' it will not automatically make the score 'jump' back up, (besides, like I said, one unpaid small balance won't affect your score that drastically).

When you dispute it , and win, it will be removed, and thats all the better, and yet again, this will only affect your score a little, not 200 or so points.

also, I know it's confusing, but even if you pay your bills, the score can go down because of high limits-- because you are at 'risk' for charging them up, and then going bankrupt.... (i know this sucks, but as I said earlier, but the lending industry has solid stats on how often this happens and it drastically can affect your score) best thing is to close them if you don't need them,you could always reopen them later.

Hope this clairifies things........

Love,
Cess