View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Love it!

There was a point in time with me when I thought, I'll be friendless and alone for the rest of my life if I keep this up. It all balanced itself out with time and I find I make better choices now from the beginning.

I remember myself saying things like Yeah, ya don't like it, sc*ew off.

Your either with me, or your not....I could go on. As I say, I found some balance. Hahaha
Ha! Mostly I haven't gone too overboard. I've told my sister off a few times now. I accepted a long time ago that we will never be close and it no longer bothers me EXCEPT when she decides that we should be bestest buddies because we are sisters. I'm quite happy not really talking to her (hell, we were roommates for a while and I went over a week without seeing her and didn't notice), I don't want a better relationship with her and when she tries to force it... it really gets on my nerves. I don't understand why she decides we need to be friends; 99% of the time she doesn't care whether I exist, and the other 1% she is mad at me for repeatedly rejecting her attempts to become friends.

Frankly, there are maybe 6 or 7 people I see regularly I actually care enough about that I would like to not drive them off. The rest of them, most of my family included, could pretty easily disappear without affecting my life too significantly. Not that I want to wander around being a b!tch just because I can, but if they don't like me... ok.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, at least. I have a lot going on at the moment, a fair amount of stress, and I thought maybe things were just getting to me?? But maybe it's a good thing though.