View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jamdls

I've never thought of sobriety as the means to reach a goal, being sober is/and was the goal. My journey of self discovery has not really had a goal either, however, it has made me a very happy person. I've changed from a person who could barely face a new day and just wanted my life to end to a woman that loves life. I now love waking up and facing the new day even if I have absolutely nothing to do. I still live alone, have the same job, live in the same home but now I see beauty and joy just about everywhere where I used to see only misery. Life is a journey and if there is any goal for me that would be to be content, healthy, and to have a positive affect on at least 1 person before I die. I read an article last year about the positive effect a smile and hello can have on another and since then I make a point of always smiling and saying hello to people that I pass, whether coming in to the office, walking my dog, going to the store-you never know if that smile and hello may make anothers day I know there have been times in my life that I've felt totally invisible and anothers smile and greeting made my day.

Sorry if I sound like 'suzy sunshine' but it's true.