Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
I've had to cut some people out of my life because of their excesive drug use. It was very painful at first..but definately worth it. (I didn't officially end things.. just lost touch) However I have no problem hanging out with social drinkers or recreational users a long as hey don't try to tempt me.

I've also met some very unstable people who are totally drug free. You can't judge a book by its cover and just becaus someone is sober and nice and succesful doesnt mean they don't have major issuers of their own. I've been just as hurt by these types as by the druggie types.
You are completely right and I could not agree more with what I bolded. This is one thing I've discovered too and the idea is to protect oneself. There are bad people out there who have never had anything to do remotely with drugs or alcohol as well (I am thinking sociopaths). I've been hurt by people who are using and, believe it or not, it's easier for me to get over these things than being hurt by sober people who are supposed to have it more together.