Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
suchAsucker

Well here's something cool: when the addict realized that I wasn't gonna budge on the food, etc.. he actually did something pro-active: he went and made HIMSELF and appt with a social worker (after waiting for 45 minutes to be seen) for a Monday, 9:30am evaluation for food stamps. He walked into the Lutheran Church and talked to somebody who said that on a daily basis they give a month's food ration to people who need help and a free bus pass with proof of a work/pay stub. And he helped a couple in his residential unit move to the next door building, who then gave him Ramen noodles, canned corn, mac&cheese(5 boxed) and $30 for 3 hours of help. \

Of course, I'm skeptical, but I choose not to induce any anxiety or doubt over it, since it's not my business anymore. But I do believe in God/HP, and isn't it good when I finally "take my hands-off the addict" how he figures out how to eat & survive. I have no qualms about getting a future call that he's desperate and eating out of garbage cans (that sympathy string won't work either). I'm just happy that he figured out how to get-along without assistance from me. He sounds stronger for it too. Hope he's telling the truth, but don't need to know or care if it is or not. Just a good HP story that I wanted to share with y'all. Cheers, SAS..