View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Marlie)))

I am a recovering addict who did slip/relapse. For a week, I was back out there, thinking only of getting high.

I'm way older than your daughter, but I'm still living at home because of the financial ruin I put myself in. I came back home after my relapse. It was made clear to me, that I had to find a job QUICK! I had bounced checks, and was about to lose my car because I didn't have the money for a payment...dad covered the checks and the car payment. Every bit of this is exactly what you parents are taught NOT to do for us addicts.

However, for whatever reason, this was my bottom. I went to work with dad within a week, got another job in 3 weeks, and had paid him back every cent I owed him within 6 weeks.

I knew that this was my last chance with my dad. He had been "this close" to calling my probation officer and having me locked up and sent to prison, just to get me off the streets and safe.

I guess my only advice would be that if she were to slip, continue to watch her actions. Those of us who are focused on recovery will bounce back rather quickly and our actions will show it.

I can only imagine how hard it is for you moms (and dads) of us A's. May HP give you all special bleesings.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy