View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I have suddenly lost the ability to bullsh!t. I used to be quiet, sort of shy. And when people were rude to me I wouldn't say anything. Everyday rudeness from strangers doesn't bother me, I let it roll off. But lately when people I know are rude or mean to me I can't seem to keep from saying something to them.

My sister yelled at me tonight, she's been on one of her rampages for a few days. And I told her, "Bite me," rolled my eyes, and walked off. A girl I know started making her stupid excuses for not doing what she said she would do (happens daily with her) and I told her off. My ex's current gf texted me just to be mean so I told her-- truthfully-- that her bf continues to pursue me romantically while dating her. And then I told her to leave me alone and lose my number.

Those little white lies I used to tell my friends that sort of grease the wheels of life and make things easier have just disappeared. I feel like I am being kind of b!tchy, but at the same time for the first time in my life I feel like I'm really being myself and if someone does not like it, that's ok. It's not like I'm begging them to hang out with me. Letting people push me around and talk me into doing things I did not want to do got me a drug addiction.

I'm mad as hell and I won't take it anymore! Haha. Interestingly, about me telling off his gf, my ex said, "It's cool. I wish you hadn't told her, but you didn't do anything wrong. I wouldn't let someone treat me like that either. As far as I'm concerned we are still friends, nothing has changed."

I'm finding out fast who my friends are. Some people apparently only liked the more docile version of me and have basically stopped talking to me (you know, I was the one who was too nice to say no, the one they could use the easiest). Some are cool with it (the ones who didn't generally ask me for favors without reciprocating). And one friend told me he likes my attitude problem and wishes I'd had it a long time ago. I can't decide if this is a phase, a recovery thing, a permanent attitude adjustment, or I'd just had the last straw.
That's what happened to me and I think it's good news !!! Don't worry about that at all ! What's more I'm sure it's good for you to vent a bit !