Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ananda

well...i am a diabetic...but today knowing I am and llearning about it...i have a choice about what i eat, excersise and a million other things that impact the disease. So i don't see being alchohoic as an excuse to do nothing....

that said...

In the midst of my addiction this last time...i don't believe I had a choice.. choice is a strange word...no one MADE me drink, but when i cant see the other options, or am not capable of the other options, i am not sure i can say it is a choice.

Today in my life...at this moment I have a choice...but when i hit a tough moment (usually from a long slide in a bad direction) then i start to not see the other options and a drink seems like the only one....

I get there for a variety of reasons...sometimes i simply make bad choices not realizeing the concequences...sometimes i am not capable of the choices that would have been better and the concequences take me closer to a drink.

I actually spend alot of time dealing with freedom vs destiny, free will vs fate, that sort of thing...when i focus on that instead of drinking my life seems to get better...ok thats wierd but it works for me

people I love drink....they have other obvious options all along the way to me...but they don't see them I remember being in that place so well...I just love them, show up, and hope they will see in time. I am learning to set some boundires, but mostly they are in my head....if that makes since, cause it's not really about them..it's about how i react to them and do i let them effect my choices or do i make my own...

Not sure this makes much sense as i am just starting to look at this in a more detailed way in my life.

thanks for posting