Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Hi sweets,

Rough day huh?

I would think if there's ever a time you shouldn't pick up a drink, it's now.

Early sobriety is tough stuff, but dinking puts us back in the sh*t again, so we have to tough it out. it's not easy, but we'll support you every day, in every way we can. i say that becuase that's what's been my experience here.

Maybe a long walk would help, and while you're out, find a second hand store, buy a stuffed bear, name it the same as your roommate, then punch the lights out of it. Vent your anger, don't let it stew.
You know a drink is not the answer, it never is. hang tough with us, we are here and I'm right there with you. I have 50 days today, so I know you can do this.
That means so much to me Fire, thank you...I can't even express how much it means to me...That's a funny suggestion though lol...Glad to know I have all this support...I know if I didn't have SR to vent and get support I would have definitely stopped at the liquor store already...Instead of doing that, I came back home after trying to stay out for a little while...I went to get my mom a gift, I visited my friend...I took a walk..., the weather hasn't been good either, rainy and gloomy...so being outsid isn't so great...but I tried to pass some time and get out of here for awhile.. Eventually I will have a sponsor and an assigned therapist and psychiatrist...Like I said I start next week...this is all happening now, and SR is the only outlet I have to vent and get support, since I didn't start meetings/therapy yet...Even while I'm doing that I will keep posting, but like I said this is my main support system.