View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katie09

Good days, bad days

It seems that some days are a struggle. Woke up at 5, started going through closets to donate clothes and was pooped by 8. I had an appt with the temp agency at 11 and have a 5.5 hour work assignment - TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW! Wow. This is no way to bring in cash. Then off to the dentist, where I got good news - fine and good. By the time I got home and, at 3:30, all I wanted to do was to drink. I thought...gosh...what am I going to do if I can't handle more of a day like this and it makes me want to drink? Off to my group tonight - three more hours of therapy. Came home and sent the therapist some LifeRing links. I think he'll be interested. At any rate, boohoo, bad day and I don't even know why! I guess some days are like this.

Something else interesting in my group tonight...we watched a Hazelden video. I did ask my therapist if it would be possible to show another video - like Rational Recovery. He said no - the Powers That Be will not allow him to do so. Wow. Someone get me back to CA!

Well, just checking in. What do you do when you are having a bad day just to get through the day? I know things like take a bubble bath (did), go for a walk (did) but sometimes life just feels like responsibilities all the way around.