View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
That's scary, Alera. Not much fun breathing smoke either. I was living in Oakland when they had the Oakland Hills Fire and it actually jumped a freeway. Hope you get some rest.
You got that right. The last three fires in this area caused a lot of smoke where we live. This is the first fire in my lifetime where I'm awaiting to evac. Its a totally different beast. Hell, I stopped counting reverse 9-11 calls I've received!

On a more positive note, a photograph I took is going to be aired by the BBC. I had been sitting outside getting a bit of cool air the other day and just snapped it. Everyone on my social network had chosen to use that photo to share with their out of town friends so when I was reading a BBC story that asked for photos for their website I figured "why not?"

Ends up they like it so much their plans are not to be using it primarily on their "readers submit" website, but in the actual TV coverage!

And yes, the law student in me read the fine print in detail. I will retain the copyright and ability to use my photo as I please. They can use it for free on their networks and promotional material.

Here is the photo in case anyone sees it:

I just got a mandatory evac so catch you all later.