View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
crzylilmndfreak

Originally Posted by Sweets79 View Post
I DEF have obsessive thoughts also...Racing thoughts are just that...things that keep popping into your head over and over, you feel like your mind is speeding...With me, I notice, if it's something I don't want to keep thinking about it happens more...but it has happened with things that don't bother me... I could be wrong but I believe OCD refers more to, for example, say touching something 3 times before you can walk away, or washing your hands constantly, checking the stove is shut off over and over again before you can leave the house, thinking something bad will happen if you don't do something a certain amount of times...e.t.c.
the "compulsion' of OCD is just what you said, having to do "rituals" etc. but i suffer mainly the "obsessive" part of OCD , things stuck in my head, etc. but i do do this thing with my feet when i walk, my steps have to be even, or if i touch something with my right hand, i need to with my left also, but its really not that bad compared to most people..what meds are you on Sweets?